- Meeting Location: IRIE Office in Truckee or Marklyville meeting location
- Meeting Time: 7:00am in Truckee
- Season To Go: Spring
- Length of Trip: 21 miles, about 10 hours including transport from Tahoe/Truckee or two days for an over night trip
- Minimum Age: 5-years-old
- Cost per person: $95 for adults, $85 for youth 14 years and younger
- Cost per person for two day: $300 for adults, $275 for youth 14 years and younger
- What's Included: The Carson River whitewater trip includes lunch, snacks, cold drinks, paddles, helmets, PFDs, and splash tops/wetsuits. Dinner and breakfast on overnight trips. We provide transportation to and from our office or our meeting spot near the Carson River.
- Raft size and capacity: tOn the Middle Fork Americn we use 13' & 14' rafts that will fit up to 6 guests plus one guide. However we aim to only put 4 or 5 guest per boat if individual group sizes will permit.
A true family adventure, the East Fork of the Carson River is nestled in the high desert among Jeffrey Pines and Sage brush. The river twists and turns and the gradient is constant. This section of river can be done in a full day, or you can break it up into 2 days. Your rafting trip will begin high in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, as constant gradient draws the raft down through sweeping turns and rippling rapids for 21 miles of wilderness solitude. This trip is perfect for families and groups. The largest whitewater rapid, Sidewinder, is fun exciting for first timer boaters. The highlight of this river trip are beautiful natural hot springs on the banks of the Carson River. Wish to stay longer at the wilderness hot springs? Check out our two day hot springs camping trip! Read a detailed description from California Creeks here.