What River is Right for your group?
When choosing your trip, you should always keep in mind the swimming and athletic ability, age and adventurous nature of the participants in your group. Always consider the least experienced, least adventurous or least fit person in your party when making your decision. We recommend that for a first time or large group that you error on the side of caution to ensure everyone has fun. Knowing how to swim and prior rafting experience is not a requirement on our introductory river trips, our guides will teach you what to do in case you are in the water and your personal flotation device (life-jacket) will float you. Please contact us to discuss the specifics of your group. We are happy to offer advice that will help guide you in making your decision. We can generally accommodate most group requests, including special shuttle logistics or pick ups, time changes for large groups, accommodating for disabilities, extra VIP services and more. Sorry No Pets.
Search for the class or location you want on our Choose your River Page. We also have options for custom river adventures for your group like Lunch, multi river packages, Bachelor or Bachelorette trips and more. CALL FOR MORE INFO - 530.582.4900
What to wear and bring
For most rafting trips on the Truckee and American Rivers all you really need is a bathing suit, some sunscreen and shoes that will stay on your feet (no flip flops). Depending on weather conditions non-cotton clothing layers are nice for warmth or sun protection. Many people like to bing towels or a dry shirt/sweatshirt for after the trip and a bag is nice to keep any items you leave on the shuttle vehicle contained.
We will provide all required personal safety gear for guests as well as water in the boat, beverages after the trip and meals when applicable.
FULL PACKING LIST FOR TRIPS - Both Single-Day & Extended Adventures.
How To Make A Reservation
Thank you for choosing IRIE Rafting Company Inc. We ask that you try to book your trip at least 2 weeks in advance, although we do accept walk-ins and last minute reservations contingent on availability . Please be advised that on holidays and busy weekends we can book up far in advance. Here's how to book with IRIE Rafting Company:
3 ways to make a reservation
- By Phone - We would love to talk to you and process your booking. If you would like to complete a reservation over the phone, call us directly during business hours at 530.582.4900 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST, seven days a week, March through October.
- On-Line - You can use our secure on-line booking system to reserve an of our single day rafting trips, just click "BOOK NOW" and follow the booking form to complete your reservation. We will follow-up with an e-mail to confirm your booking and give you some more information about your trip but please give us a call if you have any further questions about your whitewater rafting trip.
- Via Email - Send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will respond to you as soon as we can. Please note, you must pay and receive confirmation for all reservations, regardless of any email conversations we have leading up to your trip. We are happy to process your order over email if you feel comfortable listing all the necessary information in that form but we take no responsibility for the security of our 3rd party email server.
Information we will need from you
- We will ask you for the number of participants in your group, in some cases their ages, and the date/time of the whitewater rafting trip you are interested in.
- phone number we can reach you at while you are in the Tahoe area.
- Current e-mail address and your
- Credit card information (credit card number, expiration date and CVC). We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, all major bank debit cards and of course cash.
- We will not share any of your information with anyone.
- In order to confirm your reservation, you need to pay the balance in full. Please see our cancellation policy.
Rafting Guest Release of Liability
When you arrive for your rafting trip, everyone 18 and over will be required to sign our liability release form. Each family unit can go on one form but individuals in large groups need to fill out their own. your reservation confirmation emails will have a downloadable copy of the release form if you would like to fill it out before arriving. You are welcome to fill out forms at our office before your trip however it will speed up the day if they are already filled out and signed. Anyone traveling with a minor they are not the legal guardian of will need a pre-signed release form signed by the minors guardian.
Please Consider the Environment and Print Release Forms Double Sided.
How Much ?
Half-Day Whitewater Rafting Trips Starting at $65
Full-Day Whitewater Rafting Trips Starting at $129
All Taxes & River Use Fees are included on our prices. Unlike the other rafting companies you will not be charged an extra 3%-8% on top of advertised price. What you see is what you get ...charged!
For a full list of prices and our cancelation policy please see our Pricing Page