- Meeting Location: IRIE Office in Truckee or Colfax, CA
- Meeting Time: Varies depending on day (typically 9:00 - 10:00am
- Season To Go: Spring
- Length of Trip: 9 miles, 5 hours on water w/ lunch. Approx. 8 hours including transport from Tahoe/Truckee & gear/safety orientation.
- Minimum Age: Typically 12 years old - subject to water levels, rafting experience, and swimming ability.
- Cost per person: $129 Monday - Friday, $149 on Weekends.
- What's Included: The North Fork American white water rafting trip includes paddles, helmets, personal flotation devices, splash tops (if needed), water in every boat, a qualified Middle Fork guide in each boat, a riverside lunch and cold refreshments at the end of the trip. We provide transportation to and from the river, either from our office in Truckee California or our meeting spot in Colfax California. Select Lodging pick ups in the Truckee area can also be arranged.
- Raft size and capacity: On the North Fork American we use 13' & 14' rafts that will fit up to 6 guests plus one guide. However we aim to only put 4 or 5 guest per boat if individual group sizes will permit.
The smallest of the three forks of the American River, the North Fork of the American River is also the most scenic and thrilling. Tumbling out of the Tahoe basin, this un-dammed river flows through the Chamberlain Falls Gorge as it descends towards its confluence with the Middle Fork of the American River. This section only runs during the spring melt so the water can be a little brisk but the North Fork american also has more continuous and technical rapids than many of the summer runs.
Read a detailed river description from California Creeks here.